Molecule building kit
A model kit with components for building a variety of molecules. It consists of 5 types of spheres symbolizing the atoms of elements with different valences and connectors symbolizing bonds.
The model will be especially useful in chemistry, physics, biology and science.
If you would like to get ideas and inspiration about using these models during your lessons please check out our Skriware Academy suggestions: “Formulas and names of inorganic acids” lesson: https://academy.skriware.com/lesson/57,
“The formulas and names of hydroxides” lesson: https://academy.skriware.com/lesson/58.
The set consists of 6 models. The files in the set have been prepared in such a way as to be printed separately or as a part of one printout.
If you want to print more copies of the selected item, you can use the multiplier in the slicer ("multiply model" function). Use the "+" and "-" buttons to set the desired number of models and the slicer will automatically place them on the worktop.
Among the files to be printed you will find:
Single item files:
- Molecule 1 Bond: a ball with one hole symbolizing an atom with valence I,
- Molecule 2 angled bonds: a ball with two holes arranged at right angles, symbolizing the atom with valence II, creating compounds with an angular structure,
- Molecule 2 line bonds: a ball with two holes symbolizing the atom with valence II,
- Molecule 3 bonds: a ball with three holes symbolizing the atom with valence III,
- Molecule 4 bonds: a ball with four holes symbolizing the atom with valence IV,
- Atomic bond TPU: Atomic bond TPU: a connector symbolizing an ionic bond.
File with sets of several elements:
- 5 Molecule types - set: a whole set of balls.
NOTE: In order to print the “Atomic bond TPU” model the TPU filament is needed. If you do not have the appropriate filament, we suggest printing another model: https://skrimarket.com/education/atoms-and-chemical-bonds-building-kit.
Visualization and description of separate elements can be found in the instructions for assembling the model:[VISUALIZATION] Molecule building kit
Model size (XYZ): plate with all elements ("4 Molecule types - set" file) - 184 x 190 x 20 mm / individual elements - from 40 x 6 x 6 mm to 21.59 x 21.99 x 20 mm.
Printing time: plate - xxx min / single elements - connector - 11 min; balls from 21 to 24 min.
Filament quantity: connector 2 g / all 22 g beads / individual beads from 4 to 5 g.
Recommended filament type for the "Atomic bond TPU" file: SkriTPU / TPU; for other elements: SkriPLA / PLA.
If you want to learn more or recall some information about 3D printing, check out our training materials for teachers at Skriware Academy: 3D printing e-courses
Some elements of the model are very small, so be careful when removing them from the 3D printer's worktop and when removing the support.